Statsbuene (the state cabins) are centrally situated in Kabelvåg with their own separate quays and fantastic views. Amid scenic Lofoten mountains, our hire boats await you with direct access to the best fishing spots in the Vestfjord.
The state cabins (Statsbuene) are old fisherman’s cabins dating back to 1923, built by the government to improve conditions for the fishermen.
After being completely renovated in their original style, they emerge today as modern fisherman’s cabins of a high standard and level of comfort. With their central location in Kabelvåg they are smack in the middle of the Hurtigrute ships’ sailing route, amid the picturesque Lofoten mountains. You don’t get more typical Lofoten than this.
The cabins have 1-3 bedrooms to accommodate 2-9 persons. The company also offers a wide range of hire boats from 5 to 7 metres in length, with or without a cabin/wheelhouse, and complete with echo sounder and GPS. You can also hire a local guide to accompany you on your fishing trip and help you quickly find the best fishing spots. The facility offers everything a sport fisherman could ask for: filleting room, freezer room, fishing tackle and thermal overalls. We even have polystyrene cases.
Map overview of Statsbuene:
- 110 meter floating jetty for our hire boats
- Fully licensed restaurant and inn – within 300 metres of the fisherman’s cabins
- Free parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Barbecue facilities
- Sea view
- View of the mountains
- Washroom with access to washing machine
- Coffee maker/Kettle/Fridge
- Open all year round
- Hire of motor boats and bicycles.
- Hire of fishing tackle.
- Fishing trips with experienced fisherman/skipper or fishing from the rocks.
- Walks in the peace and quiet of the mountains and countryside – in wild and scenic natural surroundings.
- Museum, aquarium and galleries within 300 to 1500 metres.